09 November 2012

Soap and Candle Tips and Tricks

 
With a husband, two young daughters and a business, I'm always on the go and I'm always searching for things to make my life easier and more efficient.
 
 
Recently, I was making soap and I had some additive that I needed to incorporate after trace. Since I was counting this liquid as part of my total liquids, I needed to remember the amount so I could subtract it from my total liquid weight. I had covered the container with plastic wrap to keep out dust. Rather than writing the weight on a sheet of paper that I would probably lose, I wrote directly on the plastic wrap with a permanent marker. I loved that my weight amount traveled with the container without blowing off when I was walking with it.
 

When I make my soy candles, I use plastic combs to hold the wicks in place. They are easy to store and inexpensive to replace and I can center my wicks easily.


What time saving tips & tricks do you have? I would love to hear them!

Happy day,
Jill
Calise Soapworks & Such

No comments:

Post a Comment