13 July 2012

To Market, To Market To Buy Handmade Soap...


Why a Farmer's Market???

I began selling soap at a farmer's market in Show Low, AZ. Why? A farmer's market is a great place to begin a business. I love meeting people and I get to meet people from all over and businesses that are local. I also don't have the overhead of a brick and mortar store (rent, utilities, advertising, etc.). I do have a store now, but that came after the markets.  Also, the markets I belong to give back to the community via different programs. So, it's a win-win situation all around.


 

Newport Farmer's Market is my Saturday market. They are open every Saturday May-Oct. from 9-1. Facebook is a great way to stay up to date with their weekly activities. There's also a winter market.



 Lincoln City Farmer's Market is my Sunday market. They are open Sundays from 9-3. The market is outdoors in the spring/summer and then it goes indoors on a smaller scale for the rest of the year. This market also has an active Facebook page.


I have a retail location at Dallas Health & Vitality Center  in Dallas, OR. They are attending the Polk County Bounty Market on Thursdays. I've been invited to be a special guest in Dallas Health & Vitality Center's booth on July 19 & August 16.  I'll be bringing a beautiful selection of our award-winning handmade soap, soy candles, lotions & other goodies. I'll also have samples and a special offer that can be redeemed at Dallas Health's retail location.


I can't wait to see you at the market!


Happy day,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment